Saturday, September 5, 2009

Stay Gold


きだから ずっと
なんにもいらないわ
My darling Stay gold
ってくださいな いつまでも

This picture is a present for Rikki! I know you've been having a tough week and I hope this can cheer your spirits. I made it as a sequel to your "Stay Gold" picture you drew me and somehow the idea of her shedding her locks of hair, came in mind when I drew this... I blame my Literature class for the symbolism of cutting your hair to being a liberation or freedom from the struggles and pressures of life. I just want you to know that you continually inspire me and that every morning when I open my French Binder with the "Stay Gold" picture on the cover, I start the day inspired.

P.S.: FORGIVE THE LEFT ARM/HAND!!! ;____; It makes babies cry... more than they already do!!!

Alternate versions: [o (original) - o (textured) -o]

Pictures of the week: [o-o-o-o-o-o-o (pep rally @ school)]

1 comment:

  1. RFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLAIEHDULAGEF



    I just typed out a really long comment about how wonderful you are and how much I adore this, but my laptop fails as it usually does when I do these things, and now my fantastic comment has disappeared.
    But pretty much what I said was how much I really enjoy the symbolism of haircutting. It really does successfully capture the spirit of breaking free.
    This is really something ;-; you're the best Aaron. I couldn't have expected a more lovely complementary picture to my original.

    ReplyDelete